[It's a bad plan that can't be changed.]
Where have the last 10 days gone.....
I am back by popular demand...gotta say I love my followers & fan club ...
This is going to be my motto to plan for Vici's big adventure downunder...it is all to do with flexibility...nothing at all with me being unable to make up my mind.... I kid you not...
I have started the deluge of links that she needs to peruse to help me with my planning... Those that know me well know about my passion for the earth, nature and in particular 'rocks'...yep, I know...they're in my head as well....
As it happens, SURPRISE, SURPRISE.... Vici shares my love of boulders and is suitably impressed by the first link that I have sent her...the Grampians. It has always been one of my most favourite places on earth. First went there when I was about 18 and I honestly have no idea how many times I have been drawn back to the embrace of those wonderful rocky outcrops. Peace and tranquility. Birds, waterfalls, wombats and koalas. Forest, ferns and our beautiful native flora ....and hopefully quite a lot of wildflowers at that time of the year! Now I wonder where my book is on the flora of that area...
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=109
From there we will amble down to Warrnambool and slowly wind our way along the Great Ocean Road back to town. I wonder if Vici has ever seen a whale in the wild ...I haven't. Maybe we can do some whale watching while we are there....I suspect at that time of the year that the whales will have finished calving and the pod will be/have moved on. Fingers crossed!
"Logan's beach offers the best whale observation point in southern Australia. It is often referred to as a natural nursery, as Southern Right whales return to its sheltered waters to give birth to their young each winter." [RACV Travel]
Next job is researching some accommodation along the coast...what fun!
Something else I've been wanting to do for ages is to take the Blues Train...what a fun activity this would be after our big adventure....[check out the 7th November Vici]
http://www.thebluestrain.com.au/_home2.asp
Well, it is about time I posted this...Lachie has a hankering for some sushi so sushi shopping we will go.... Sushi Sushi in Camberwell has some of the best sushi around...we have tried ALL of the local sushi joints...it was an onerous task but someone had to... truly...would I tell a lie....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Indeed flexibility will be our goal! What an awesome tour guide I have.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have you back on the pages of "and then..." - always love reading your words.
When I read your title for today I thought of the saying, "I make a plan and God laughs" - and Spirit's plans are the best!
All I can say is, so much to see and not enough time!!!
btw - what a crack up that on Nov. 7th the Blues Train is featuring an artist from the US! The only time that happens the whole season. Spooky!
ReplyDelete