That is what I need right now or a couple of 100mm reinforced cement pads for my new rain water tanks..
I think I mentioned I had a couple of small tanks [1100 litres] delivered the other week... I so lose track of time but I do know it has rained since then and I was upset that they weren't already plumbed in and starting to fill. I was going to put this one at the end of the carport to collect water from the front of the house. The other one I was going to put down the side way but have been having second thoughts about their location.
Since delivery I have been really enjoying looking out and seeing it here where we plonked it!! So much so in fact that I have decided to sort of leave it where it is... solves one problem about the prerequisite concrete slab!!
I will move it a little towards the front of the house though. I am going to leave it on the fence line and not have it where tanks traditionally sit...against the house. I have my potting shelf along this side of the house and I don't want to move that. It will be really easy to connect to one of the gutters that isn't connected to a down pipe... it just empties onto the roof.
You can see in this photo where I am going to move it to. Just need to get Lachie to help me move all the bricks and I will position the tank up beyond the blue bag of potting mix. I am hoping that I will be able to talk him into cleaning the bricks as well so I can engage someone to fix the front porch. The arch is collapsing and I need to have a new reinforcing bar inserted and the brickwork re done.
And now I had best stop yabbering on because the work won't do itself!!
Oh...BTW... in case you were wondering , the other tank is sitting on the lawn at the moment... going to sit it up on the decking and it can collect rain off the bungalow roof and we can use it to top up the pool.
CYA ♥

Now you just need some rain. I hope it pours there until I arrive...then 3 weeks of brilliant spring weather! Selfish of me, huh? Well, I do like the rain, so it's OK if it rains a day or two while I'm visiting ;o\
ReplyDelete