Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Veritas Lux Mea"

(The truth enlightens me)

It is all about acknowledgment.
Acknowledge the past... learn from it and move on!
Trite as this may sound ..today is the start of the rest of my life...
Well, that is the plan. Plans and Lists. Love my lists....

Today the sun is shining, the birds have been singing...I get woken by the warbling of magpies... a wonderful sound. Takes me back to my childhood on the farm..we had a lot of magpies close to the house. Luckily I have never been attacked by them but Margie was and probably still bears the scar. Our Magpies here are very friendly and nest here every year. There is quite a family of them and the other day they were holding a party on our roof!! It sounded like they were lifting the tiles. I think they have been cleaning the gutters and they frequently sit on the garage gutter.

I was woken by the ringing of the phone and thought it was Miss Vici ringing me early from California. But no, I was wrong, it was Miss Victoria ringing and doing a 'Roma'... They are back in town...such joy for me... and their 'stuff' from Hong Kong has arrived. She was meant to be 'sorting' clothes and creating order out of the chaos. Sounds perfectly feasible to me to practice my art of procrastination and put it off a little longer. It will be so good to catch up next week. [though it will be hard to keep away knowing that she is just around the corner... will probably just have to pick her a bunch of roses and drop them in to tide me over...]

I had scarcely time to have a drink and whet my whistle and the phone was ringing again. This time it was Vici. Lots of chat and laughs...as per usual. She has learnt how to pronounce Melbourne and Brisbane... We spent a bit of time talking about my next bright idea...

I am planning to be in California for my birthday next year!!!
What excitement and what an event to plan for!
I really wanted to be there in winter and experience the snow but the spring will be best to see her tulips and the dogwoods in her 'hood'. She says the trees are beautiful in spring. I will need to get there early enough to avoid the heat in case it gets hot early like it has this year. I can always check out the snow another time. It isn't as if this is the only time that I am going to go to California!!

...and now to make hay while the sun shines or I will not get anywhere...

"Sine labore nihil"

Die dulci fruere. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Another delightful read, my dear. Will have to adopt Victoria's saying when I'm putting off my chores - "doing a Roma"...maybe I'll call it "taking a Bean" ha-ha!
    When you come to visit, it may not snow for you, but we can be in the snow in an hour or less...and it did snow on May 31st a couple of years ago. We often get a big storm sometime in May. Not good for our fruit tree, but it would be great as a birthday gift for you. I'll see what I can manage!
    Te Amo my sweet Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta watch out for Beans Vici...can cause a lot of 'gas'...particularly the Half Baked variety like me...LOL

    ReplyDelete