LOL...boy...do you reckon that Jess has enjoyed all the activity around here.
She really enjoyed helping Gail working on those bricks... cooled her sweating brow...
This is where Gail was working on Thursday.
The bricks couldn't be seen...they were completely obscured by couch grass and a creeping daisy.. not sure what variety but very pretty. The horrible overgrown mess behind the brick paving is my rose garden...I'm dreading weeding it and discovering how many of the box hedging plants that I have lost due to drought and water stress. The window is in the garage.
In this photo you can see the other end of the bricks where the paths leads towards the pool steps. You can see the grass over the bricks. That is what it was like where she was working. The building on the right of the second photo is my study or work room...you cannot get into that at the moment for junk!! There are quite a few dead hedging plants at the end of this bed.
In the next photo you can see where I am about to weed the bed running alongside the pool. I have brought some brush fencing to put alongside the edge of the pool [I'm hoping to install it before it rots in its packaging!!] I have 3 standard roses in pots waiting to go in and 4 low growing roses 'Australian Felix'[I think they are called] that I am going to shift from the mess behind the garage.
This dreadful mess of weeds is my vege patch. I hope to have some asparagus planted before Vici gets over here. The brick wall is the neighbours garage.
This awful mess is an absolute disgrace. The underneath of this elaborate two storey 'cubby' is now used to store my gardening junk and pool chemicals.

Oh my lord! Did I do that???
ReplyDeleteLooks great Roma, but I just have this little issue of a hose...
;-) ♥
haha...yep...just when you thought you had all my hoses under control...
ReplyDeleteI went and rolled out the grey water hose... I actually had the other end connected to the HWS so that I could turn the water back on and not waste it all over the cement [obviously before I spoke to that very helpful woman at AquaMAX]
Fabulous! You gals are dynamos!
ReplyDeletethank you Panda...takes one to know one....
ReplyDeleteAsked Tracey what the 3 standard roses are...'Heritage'...they will be lovely.
ReplyDeleteHave weeded half way down this bed and will post some more photo's soon...