or in this case...two friends...
Oh boy...am I stuffed.
Will Post a few snaps and a commentary later... when I am not so exhausted!
The first snap is what the area looked like before Gail and I started to clear it out so we could attack the vine....that alone was a big job!
The next couple of snaps give you an idea of how 'matted' and closely interlocked all the vines were.
Gail spent a lot of the time up the ladder whereas I chose to use a step stool to climb up on the old table to work. This is the same table that I have used for the same purpose with all the indoor painting jobs. I now have a trestle that I am going to set up for working indoors. Because of our high ceilings I used to have to climb onto the table via a ladder and then stand on step stool once on top of the table...very precarious...I am getting far too old for such shenanigans!
After lunch we were both feeling overwhelmed when we went back outside... to the waist high mass of clippings on the ground!! Lo and behold who should we hear coming through the carport...it was Judy.
Boy...was she a boost to the morale! She started clipping away furiously and in no time was whipping the mess into shape...and probably giving herself RSI into the bargain!
The chair was a very important aid for this old 'pruner'...it enabled me to sit and rest when it was all getting a bit too much for me.
Will add some more photo's later...
Ciao for now.
Arrivederci.... etcetera....etcetera.... ♥

It will be so worth all this work next summer.
ReplyDeleteJust do not stand on the wheelie bin, a friend did and found it very difficult to extract herself when the lid gave way. She is barely 5 foot tall and tiny and thought the lid would hold.
Daylight!
ReplyDeleteHa Ha...Mo...how awful for your friend....I do lean on the bin when I'm climbing back down off the table...by that stage the knees and hips have given out and I need all the help I can get!!
ReplyDeleteGail did jump in the bin to compact all the prunings...so wish I had a photo of that. We know now that she would be good in a winery squashing grapes! It looked like such fun that Judy jumped in as well!!
You gals are Dynamos! (DynamAs?)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to come and experience that grand (bloody) grape vine for myself!
Great work!