Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Corripe Cervisiam"

(Seize the beer!)

I'll tell you...that is what I feel like right now.
Have no beer so will just have to settle for wine!!

I have been a very busy little vegemite over the last couple of days...
We now have a fence ...of sorts...

Wasn't enjoying all the train commuters being able to see into the yard and the house through all the missing palings.

Jess isn't overly impressed...she was enjoying having much broader horizons... peering through the gaps / missing palings.



Gail is in for a very BIG surprise when she comes over tomorrow and finds out what I've been up to!!

It is only a temporary / makeshift solution until I can find someone prepared to work on such a difficult site... I'm sure some people have turned up to give quotes and have taken one look and turned tail and fled. Those that did come to the door gave us over inflated quotes. Neighbours across the road had the same problem but they were able to pay the overinflated charges!

The site is an uneven slope with very poor access [unless you like playing dodgem with the trains...] to make matters worse the site is densely covered with blackberries.

Ciao...♥

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is "WOW"!!!!
    What a dramatic change! ...and your picture is so lovely with the sun coming up (going down?) in the background. Very impressive my little vegemite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun was going down...
    Have just finished in the kitchen...
    Cooked up a pan of beef, rice and veg for the dogs and a beef and red wine casserole for the two legged pack members and I am now stuffed!!
    I've just conducted a quality control audit on the wine and deemed it suitable for the pot....LOL
    I'm going to turn the crock pot on before I go to bed and turn it off in the morning and that will be one or two meals taken care off.

    The sun is going down. Did you spot Jess in the foreground going...
    "what have you done to my view ma...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. hohum...I'm obviously very tired...I'm repeating myself...
    Now, did you get that... the sun was going down...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't spot Jess until you mentioned it...cheeky pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have seen my reaction!
    I walked into the back room and I immediately knew 'something' was different...well, Miss I-know-something-you-don't-know sat down with a smug look on her face and waited...
    WELL! You could have blown me over with a feather! I stood there like a stunned mullett and just took it all in.
    It looks fantastic and instantly has a great atmosphere.
    Brilliant job Bean xoxo

    ReplyDelete