Monday, August 17, 2009

Fiat lux.

[Let there be light]

That is about the strength of it! The thing Gail and I were most aware as we were clipping away was of was the amount of light we were letting in.




This photo doesn't take in the edge of the garage which is about 3ft to the right. This is where I will be leaving the pruning until the vine is out in leaf. It is a much more difficult job when it is covered in leaves but today it has been dripping sap again everywhere... a bit of unseasonal weather [warmer] and it is away. Vici can help me attack it when she arrives... she is so tall she won't need to climb up on the table!!

With so much of the vine removed I am not sure what is holding the fence up... That will be the next job! Jess is VERY interested in all this activity.... she is getting glimpses of a brand new world through the gaps in the palings!

The master plan involves an overhead structure that supports polycarbonate roofing... let the light in but keep the rain out. Lachie and I were discussing today how this could best be done. Have designed and helped with the construction of a pergola before and that was simple enough. This will be a little more difficult because of the existence of the grape vine. We may have to call in the professionals.
Maybe Vici could help us whip it up... LOL...

The following images are from

http://austpolyproducts.com.au/domestic_portfolio.php

Gives you some idea on how the professionals tackle a job like this.
This is what I would like done and if we win the lotto this is what I will be paying someone to do. If not it is back to the drawing board for me...



The following photo is how a restaurant in Adelaide has tackled the problem and left the grape vine in situ..


Goodlife Restaurant, Adelaide

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning work, Bean (and Gail)!
    ...and I love the pictures of the structures from "austpolyproducts" - they do look pricey!
    I will be happy to help in any way I can. Shall I pack my clippers?
    Hope that Lachie is feeling a bit better now.
    Cracked up thinking about what else Jess can bark at with a "whole new world" opening up to her! hahaha! Cheeky pup!
    Congrats on the lovely job you guys have been doing in the yard. So proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete